our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Family Support
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Family Support Paxil affects whole families. This forum is to support those closest to our hearts (spouses, partners, brothers, sisters etc.) who need help to understand and support.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 03-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #26
lauren

Re: My name is Lauren and I'm looking for my husband.

Thanks Carolyn, I really needed that. I pretty much cried when I read the two previous replies. I know the facts look bad, but I do feel like he does these things and thinks they are no big deal. I asked him about the movie- it was a girl from work, but he said he only paid because she paid for the food. But then again- it's was a girl. They saw the movie JUST them two. He is a married man, with a pregnant wife at home. That was his day off work. And I sat home waiting for him. He never told me he went to see a movie. Yet I always asked for us to go somewhere. Anyway i will just have to accept it for what it is. He says he doesn't even remember that day, it was nothing. But things just keep uncovering and I get more and more paranoid. It's hard because he has never lied to me before Paxil. And he took a girl from work to eat lunch at this place where he told me is a place you shouldn't take your girlfriend becasue it's expensive. It was like a $30 all you can eat meat place. Girls just don't eat as much as guys! Anyway, he saw nothing wrong with that.

I guess he just isn't thinking about how it all looks and how it makes me feel. At least that's what I want to tell myself.

And tomorrow will be 7days he's been on 10mg and he says he feels fine. He even has been a fraction better at communicating. We will see...

thanks again for the replies!

The man who said it cannot be done, should not interrupt the woman doing it.
lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:00 PM   #27
lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesmom View Post

So, as far as future taper concerns now, I would just try to get a prescription for the oral suspension of paxil to do a slow taper and not even worry about dosing at the moment.
What do you mean when you say not to worry about dosing? And what is oral suspension? Do you mean the liquid form?

Thank you for your help!

Old 03-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #28
scotty
Administrator

Lauren, the one aspect of paxil use side effects is the loss of recognition of the ramifications of your actions. Paxil users, for the most part, become VERY egotistical.
The "it doesn't matter" that was so welcome when the anxiety goes away doesn't stop there. That "it doesn't matter" starts to spill over into everything one does.
I'll give you an example...my son, Ryan, when on paxil would tell people off if they looked at him wrong, he would walk around town in broad daylight with a joint in his hand, he would sleep in school and then tell off the teacher when she go on him. This was COMPLETELY different from the child prior to paxil, and one that we haven't seen since coming off paxil. He can tell me now that he "would have killed without batting an eye". The "right and wrong" part of his brain had shut off. He did a rapid wean, by todays standards, and was awful in withdrawal. He said alot of awful things to me and his father.
Today he is back to normal and mortified by his behavior, but can tell me now that he had no control over it.
Be patient, be protective of yourself, but also recognize just how dangerous this drug is, when it comes to personality.

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:24 PM   #29
AussieGirl

Lauren

Hello and welcome :-)

I dropped from 2o to 10mgs before finding pp and it took me 3 MONTHS to stablisise!!!! Since then I have dropped VERY slow at the recommended 10%. I even did one taper less than 10%.

It is crucial he does this SLOW and just 10% each taper. The goal is to have a quality of life whilst tapering and a SLOW 10% taper is the ONLY way I believe to hope to achieve that.

There is a spreadsheet you can download on how to taper 10% using tablets and also one for liquid :-)

PLEASE take care of yourself and baby and know you have people here who understand and will support you at this time.
2002: My youngest born 2 months prem. whilst on a "safe" dose paxil 20mgs !!!
8th Sept.2008 FOUND PP
Several attempts to taper; some too quick; reinstate several times: focus on tools to assist life paxil free eg CBT
APRIL: 2013 PAXIL ( Aropax) Free.
AussieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGirl View Post
Lauren

Hello and welcome :-)

I dropped from 2o to 10mgs before finding pp and it took me 3 MONTHS to stablisise!!!! Since then I have dropped VERY slow at the recommended 10%. I even did one taper less than 10%.

It is crucial he does this SLOW and just 10% each taper. The goal is to have a quality of life whilst tapering and a SLOW 10% taper is the ONLY way I believe to hope to achieve that.

There is a spreadsheet you can download on how to taper 10% using tablets and also one for liquid :-)

PLEASE take care of yourself and baby and know you have people here who understand and will support you at this time.
thank you! Where can I find this spreadsheet? And how long did you taper the 10%? Like every three weeks?

Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #31
carolyn
Hmm, horse penis and lemongrass?

Here's the spreadsheet (it's in the first post of the thread): http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/...ad.php?t=22916

Generally, you want to taper 8%-10% every 3-6 weeks. The spreadsheet is awesome and once you plug in your info it does all the math for you! The only caveat is to change the "days" field to 21 as it defaults to 14.

10mg: May 2002 - August 2007 for panic disorder.
20mg: August 2007 - August 2008; doubled dose after hitting poop-out.
Started Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in August 2007. Recommended!
Tried to taper too fast in July 2008 and went back to 20mg.
Started to taper on August 2, 2008.
Dropped by 8% to 10% every three weeks.
Switched to liquid at 9.2mg on March 6, 2009.
PAXIL FREE: June 27, 2010
carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #32
Gibby

Lauren,
The post that Carolyn wrote about not snooping is the best advice you could recieve!!!
I had a person on here to tell me that during my husbands unusual behavior with a girl from work and it was soooooo hard for me not to snoop but when I finally realized that the more I snooped the more I found and it only hurt me, and I now am dealing with trust issues.

His actions are due to the paxil and he is not aware that they are wrong. Everyone on here has told me that once he's off the paxil he will have remorse and see where he was wrong. My husband has always been a loyal man and he had never lied to me until paxil and I do know that it's hard to swallow, but you just have to keep in your mind that paxil causes a person to do a lot of things out of the ordinary. I sometimes felt like I was using paxil for excuses for him, but it did help me to know that it wasn't something I had done.

Also as Carolyn said, being pregnant doesn't help with the trust issues either and then put paxil on top of that only makes things worse. Just don't look for things but also keep your guard up and be prepared for things to happen.

Again Good Luck To Ya
10/4---back on 19mg
1/2/08--down to 10mg
2/28/08--was taking 10mg every 3 or 4 days
4/12/08--10mg daily dose
7/2/08---dropped to 5mg (his choice):{
7/11/08---up to 8mg
8/8/08---7mg
8/22/08--6mg??
9/12/08--5mg
11/07/08--4mg
11/17/08--5mg
1/22/09--4mg
2/28/09--5mg
10/09--10mg:{
IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID...
YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #33
Katesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren View Post
What do you mean when you say not to worry about dosing? And what is oral suspension? Do you mean the liquid form?

Thank you for your help!
Oral suspension is the liquid paxil. Gives you absolute control over dosing.

As for not worrying about a future dose, I say that because it is unlikely you will be moving to another dose for a LONG time. Getting stable has to be the goal. Seven days at a dose does not tell the story of how he will feel in another seven days or in a month. Just take one step at a time.

started Paxil Oct. 2003 for PIH
Paxil free since 19 Jul 2005

". . .the cruelest lies are often told without a word. . .the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." -- Ben Folds
Katesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #34
lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn View Post
Here's the spreadsheet (it's in the first post of the thread): http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/...ad.php?t=22916

Generally, you want to taper 8%-10% every 3-6 weeks. The spreadsheet is awesome and once you plug in your info it does all the math for you! The only caveat is to change the "days" field to 21 as it defaults to 14.
Thank you for that, i can't wait to see it! Unfortunately my husbands ghetto computer doesnt have Microsoft anything. I will have to wait until tomorrow so I can download it from work. thanks again for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Lauren,
The post that Carolyn wrote about not snooping is the best advice you could recieve!!!
I had a person on here to tell me that during my husbands unusual behavior with a girl from work and it was soooooo hard for me not to snoop but when I finally realized that the more I snooped the more I found and it only hurt me, and I now am dealing with trust issues.

His actions are due to the paxil and he is not aware that they are wrong. Everyone on here has told me that once he's off the paxil he will have remorse and see where he was wrong. My husband has always been a loyal man and he had never lied to me until paxil and I do know that it's hard to swallow, but you just have to keep in your mind that paxil causes a person to do a lot of things out of the ordinary. I sometimes felt like I was using paxil for excuses for him, but it did help me to know that it wasn't something I had done.

Also as Carolyn said, being pregnant doesn't help with the trust issues either and then put paxil on top of that only makes things worse. Just don't look for things but also keep your guard up and be prepared for things to happen.

Again Good Luck To Ya
Your posts always make me feel better! I know the pregnancy makes it worse. You have a kid, you can imagine how crazy you feel sometimes. Except i've gone through thise completely alone and....LONELY. I swear I secretly am looking forward to labor just because I know it will take my mind off of all this. Nothing could possibly be more painful then wondering why the man of your dreams doesn't even want to comfort you when you're crying!!

But really, I am not going to snoop any more. You are so right, i can't handle knowing anyways. The wondering just eats away at me and I can't do anything. i haven't even set up the nursery yet I just can't seem to focus on anything except this mess. Everyone tells me to focus on myself now...but i honestly can't. It's pathetic, I know, but I just feel so sorry for myself! How weird is that? Anyway...oh I have a question. Is your husband at a point where he can recognize that some things he did were wrong? Like the way he treated you? I'm just afraid that he will come off this and still want to do the things he did while on it? I'm praying everynight otherwise!!!

i love yours and everyone else's support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katesmom View Post
Oral suspension is the liquid paxil. Gives you absolute control over dosing.

As for not worrying about a future dose, I say that because it is unlikely you will be moving to another dose for a LONG time. Getting stable has to be the goal. Seven days at a dose does not tell the story of how he will feel in another seven days or in a month. Just take one step at a time.
Thank you for that- you are right. However, my mom was on paxil for almost the same amount of time and came off it with no problems and hasn't had any problems since. It's amazing how everyone's experience is different. I just really can't believe that these drugs can change people.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #35
Gibby

To be honest...NO he still doesn't see that he was different, BUT...he's not off of the paxil yet. He is down to 5mg and kind of stuck there at the moment. I pray everyday that he will ask me to start cutting his dose again.

We really don't discuss how he acted during that time period and that's kind of hard on me, because I keep wanting to ask him if he still thinks the things he did was right, but I know that now is not the time to ask, so I keep waiting for him to become paxil free and then see if he brings it up? Everyone says that once he is off completely that he will see things he did was wrong???

I do know that every time he goes down in his dose, he is always more affectionate and caring (like he was before paxil). However he has been at 5mg for awhile now and I can see him drifting away again and I'm just waiting for the ball to drop. I think this is where the patience comes in handy. I have never been a very patient person until this whole paxil ordeal and I realized in order to get my husband back to the man I once knew, then I was going to have to learn how to be patient. So far so good.
10/4---back on 19mg
1/2/08--down to 10mg
4/12/08--10mg daily dose
7/11/08---up to 8mg
8/8/08---7mg
8/22/08--6mg??
9/12/08--5mg
11/07/08--4mg
11/17/08--5mg
1/22/09--4mg
2/28/09--5mg
Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #36
lauren

He is so lucky to have you, being so patient and all. I doubt I would be able to last longer than a couple months. We will see how it goes. The baby will give me PLENTY to think about! He will be a great distraction for me.

How long has your hubby been at 5mg? Does he not feel like he could come down to 4? Does it really get that bad?

Old 03-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #37
Gibby

My husband has never wanted to get off of the paxil. He has only agreed to it because he pushed me over the limit last summer and I left him. The only way I was coming home was for him to at least try to come off of it and see if it made a difference in how he felt about me. Sooooo he did.

He hasn't had a lot of problems getting down to 5mg., but he has always liked how the paxil made him feel so if I don't push the issue of dropping again, he will stay where he's at. I'm not pushing it too hard because I keep waiting to see if he will go down on his own and then he can't say I'm making him get off of it. Probably not going to happen but, we will see. Also I am wanting him to ask his Dr. for liquid because I can not cut the pills very accurate at this low of a dose. He just isn't very cooperative about it, but as long as I see changes in him for the better then I can deal with the guilt of being the reason he gets off of paxil.

Does it really get that bad???? He hasn't had anything terrible during his tapering. He does however get sinus issues when he lowers his dose. The paxil has an antihistimine in it and he has sinus trouble anyway, so when he goes down, sinus problems come around, but they are short lived. I would have to say the sinus problems are the worst side effects he has. He does get a little edgy but nothing major. Everyone is so different when it comes to w/d from paxil.

Whatever he goes through will all be worth it in the end is what I've been told throughout this whole ordeal!!!!!!!!!
10/4---back on 19mg
1/2/08--down to 10mg
4/12/08--10mg daily dose
7/11/08---up to 8mg
8/8/08---7mg
8/22/08--6mg??
9/12/08--5mg
11/07/08--4mg
11/17/08--5mg
1/22/09--4mg
2/28/09--5mg
Old 03-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #38
Gibby

I wanted to add something...
When I said he hasn't had any terrible issues while getting off, I want to clarify this. He did have problems when he tried to c/t off and when he would drop too much of a dose, other than that he has done pretty good as far as having lots of issues.
10/4---back on 19mg
1/2/08--down to 10mg
4/12/08--10mg daily dose
7/11/08---up to 8mg
8/8/08---7mg
8/22/08--6mg??
9/12/08--5mg
11/07/08--4mg
11/17/08--5mg
1/22/09--4mg
2/28/09--5mg
Old 03-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #39
Gibby

Something else I remembered. LOL

If you will look at my signature, my husband went from 10mg to 5mg on July 2,2008 and about 9 days later he had to go back up to 8mg because he couldn't take the problems he was having. He wasn't sleeping well, he was having dizzy issues, zaps, etc... So just be careful and keep an eye on yours and let him know that a lot of people just cant drop that much.

This may be your only chance of getting your husband off of the paxil, so you want to make it as easy for him as possible.

Quote from a very intelligent man who I will always have high respects for. He used to post on here quite often but has chosen to take a break.
"Hang on to who and what you know your husband to be and never doubt...it is the drug!"
10/4---back on 19mg
1/2/08--down to 10mg
4/12/08--10mg daily dose
7/11/08---up to 8mg
8/8/08---7mg
8/22/08--6mg??
9/12/08--5mg
11/07/08--4mg
11/17/08--5mg
1/22/09--4mg
2/28/09--5mg
Old 03-23-2009, 04:15 PM   #40
lauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
Something else I remembered. LOL

If you will look at my signature, my husband went from 10mg to 5mg on July 2,2008 and about 9 days later he had to go back up to 8mg because he couldn't take the problems he was having. He wasn't sleeping well, he was having dizzy issues, zaps, etc... So just be careful and keep an eye on yours and let him know that a lot of people just cant drop that much.

This may be your only chance of getting your husband off of the paxil, so you want to make it as easy for him as possible.

Quote from a very intelligent man who I will always have high respects for. He used to post on here quite often but has chosen to take a break.
"Hang on to who and what you know your husband to be and never doubt...it is the drug!"

I love that quote, but it's so hard. SO HARD! I guess after another week (he hasn't had any complaints, and has even talked in his sleep lastnight-first time since being on Paxil!) he wants to go to 5mg. I told him if he can't take it, then he has to taper slower. He wants to at least try it, so i can't make him do otherwise.

Is it wrong to constantly think about moving out until he is off the paxil and back to his old self? I feel like I have to start over IN CASE he doesn't come back to how I remember him. It's so hard to sit by...literally stand there when he gets home from work and wait for a hug. I never get one, he goes straight to his cat and gives her attention. Retarded, i know. But for my own sanity, I hug him and tell myself that he hugged me instead so I can wash away the panic feeling.

I don't know. I guess I fantasize that he will come off it and I won't be there and he will slowly miss me more and more and want to fight for me. Is that super selfish? I sometimes feel like he doesn't deserve me, but then remember it was the drug the whole time. I am so confused. I don't want to stay and get my hopes up- that's what I am getting at. Did you, or anyone else, feel that way??

Old 03-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #41
Gibby

I so understand what you are saying about wanting to leave. I did leave and you know what, he didn't even care!! Once again, the paxil made him not care that I was gone. We couldn't even talk anymore because he had no cares. I would sit and cry my eyes out with hurt and he wouldn't even acknowledge that I was hurting and he's always been the type that never wanted to hurt me and couldn't stand to see me cry, but not while he was on the paxil.

I'm not telling you to stay, but if it was me and things aren't too bad, then I would probably stay around. No need in disrupting your home life right now with the baby coming. Get to working on that nursery. :}

Also, I understand about not being able to make him taper the way you know is best and he will have to see for himself. Talk to him about it and ask him if he is dead set on doing it his way, if he will please be honest with you if he has problems with it. Get him to agree that if he can't do it his way, then he will try it your way. Tell him of the things that can happen by dropping too much, that way he has an idea of what's going on if and when it happens to him.

Your situation is so similar to mine, it's so scary that these drugs can turn a person into someone like this.
10/4---back on 19mg
1/2/08--down to 10mg
4/12/08--10mg daily dose
7/11/08---up to 8mg
8/8/08---7mg
8/22/08--6mg??
9/12/08--5mg
11/07/08--4mg
11/17/08--5mg
1/22/09--4mg
2/28/09--5mg
Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #42
explorer35

Best of luck to you both. This can be a long difficult journey. You may be required to go places you never thought you would or could, unfortunately it is not something you can fully prepare for, much like childbirth. I will keep my fingers crossed.
2005- together-repairing: 2008- partner still on Paxil/Xanax finds great support on PP and tells me.
JAN 2008- Begins taper
Never doubt that a small group of
thoughtful people can make a difference,
in fact, it is the only thing that ever has.

-Margaret Mead
explorer35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #43
lauren

I have an update!

Unfortunately since my last several posts my husband has decided to confide in me. Is this from cutting down on the Paxil? I don't know. Several nights ago, almost a week, he decided to tell me about this girl he has been spending alot of time with. The girl he took to the movies, that was her. Her name is Lana and she is a married woman, married to someone twice her age. Anyway, my husband decides to be honest with me and I find out alot. The night he said he went to work out after work and came home 3 hours later with his WORK clothes on...yeah- he was with her. The several nights he left for an hour or so to meet someone from work at Starbucks for coffee, and pretended it was about their work stuff- it was her. He slept on her couch a couple times. She was the one he followed home from a party since she was drunk, he was making sure she got home safely- at the time he told me about that he lied and said he didn't know her. He says she makes him happy.They have a lot in common. (Yeah, they are both married!) And they sit in his car for hours, until 2am, just talking. They text all the time, that's why he locks his phone. I KNEW this was happening. He says they haven't been romantic, but he's lied before. I asked if he has feelings for her, he pauses and says he doesn't know. He certainly doesn't deny it. The hug, he says, like friends do. I don't hug my married man friends when their wives don't know i'm sneaking around them.

Anyway. This is an update as far as he goes. I am at my parents and have been for a week now. I can't stand to look at him- he makes me sick. He says he isn't in love with me, and that he doesn't know how he feels about her. He did admit that the way he feels about me now is different than what he felt back in September. As in he liked me back then. I decided to not talk to him for another week and maybe that will hit home. The baby is due in 7weeks. He doesn't know when I'm coming home, I wish I knew whether or not that bothers him. Probably not. Good news- i'm not letting his lies and everything else get to me anymore. I just don't care anymore. I am sick to death almost.

I went to his dr, who was VERY rude, arrogent, and egotistical. How dare I ask if he has heard of these crazy symptoms of being on Paxil. He suggested I take James to a shrink. He suggested James start on 5mg and then go to 5 every other day for a week, and then every two days for a week. THen he can stop. Right now James has been on 5mg from 10 for about 5days. He said he felt sick the other day, but it soon passed. Other than that he says he feels really good. No symptoms at all. He did say the other day he came out of the store and saw his car and he just stopped and said he didn't realize how nice it looked before. He said it was like seeing it for the first time. He got in and just sat there and was taking in the interior like he never noticed it before. I guess that is a sign that he is paying attention to detail now. He talks to me more and answers my phone calls when I used to call. He answers texts, too. But i don't know if all of this cooperation is because he is happy i am gone and he can see his little girlfriend when he likes and he knows that I know about it. I asked him not to speak to her anymore, but apparetnly they text still; he says not often. Whatever, I am so hurt by that and just find it sickening that he could do that. I'm suppose to blame it on Paxil but it's so hard. I just feel like he could have talked to me or something, I don't know.

Am I overreacting?

Old 03-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #44
carolyn

You're not overreacting, but James is tapering WAY too fast. He didn't seem to be stable yet on 10mg -- why on earth did he drop another 50% to 5mg???

Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #45
lauren

His doctor said he has NO PROBLEM getting people off paxil. Even after I brought in loads of printouts and info on paxil w/d. He was an arrogent *** and says it's nothing since he's only been on it 6 months (almost).

Anyway, I couldn't tell James otherwise. He says he feels fine and everyday feels more "normal". He refuses to up the dosage if he feels bad- which he hasn't so far. We will see what happens. I did warn him though, but apparently I'm not a dr.!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #46
LCrawford67
"Freakishly Optimistic"

James hasn't been on for 6 months yet, so he "may" be one who can taper 5 mgs at a time.

It's a catch-22; you don't want him tapering longer than he was actually on the drug, but he's been on plenty long enough for the drug to cause him w/d problems.

Paxil, 20 mg since 1997, for IBS
Two unsuccessful attempts to quit.
Started tapering 11/27/06
PAXIL FREE 12/29/07

Today is the best day, EVER!
LCrawford67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #47
lauren

I hope that's the case; he was on it just a couple weeks under 6months. He will be on 5mg for two more days and then go to every other day for a week and see how he does. I'm VERY surprised that coming from 20 to 5 in such a short time has not caused him any symptoms other than his little anger tantrum the second night on 10, and then feeling a little nauseous the other night (lasted only a couple minutes). He has changed in tiny ways but then again I haven't been home in a week to notice any changes towards me, other than he calls me after work and he didn't used to.

sigggghhhhhh

Old 03-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #48
carolyn

Oh, good point, Laurie. Always the voice of reason!

Old 03-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #49
slappyintheface
"doesn't use the big stamp"

Oh Lauren I so feel for you right now. My husband would be the perfect person for you to talk to about how your husband is acting. I acted a lot like your husband is now and I didn't see anything wrong with it at the time. My husband could have left and taken the kids with him and I wouldn't have even cared. I did what I wanted to when I wanted to - good, bad, or other. When you don't think about consequences then you don't have a fear that anything bad is going to happen. Plus SSRIs give you the feeling that you are in a dream world and nothing seems real. To him it is perfectly acceptable to be talking to another man's wife. To him it is perfectly normal to send texts to this woman. To him it is perfectly normal to spend time with her and not you. He could probably get hit by a Mack truck at this point and see it as "no big deal". SSRIs don't make you happy they make you indifferent to everything that is going on around you. You aren't sad but you sure aren't happy either.

As for the hugging - I was a hugger too on Paxil. Before Paxil I didn't hug people except close friends and family members. While on Paxil, I hugged everybody and I mean EVERYBODY. It went right along with thinking that everybody was my new best friend and that I had all of the answers to all of their problems.

I have removed my instant messaging screennames from my profile but if you would like to talk just send me a private message.

"Keep lighting candles, eventually nobody will be in the dark" me

"Time does not come in pill form" me

http://www.slappyintheface.com
slappyintheface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #50
LCrawford67
"Freakishly Optimistic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren View Post
I hope that's the case; he was on it just a couple weeks under 6months. He will be on 5mg for two more days and then go to every other day for a week and see how he does. I'm VERY surprised that coming from 20 to 5 in such a short time has not caused him any symptoms other than his little anger tantrum the second night on 10, and then feeling a little nauseous the other night (lasted only a couple minutes). He has changed in tiny ways but then again I haven't been home in a week to notice any changes towards me, other than he calls me after work and he didn't used to.

sigggghhhhhh
Now, the every other day thing - NOT a good idea! The key is consistent, daily dosing.

Maybe you can at least convince him of this.

Paxil, 20 mg since 1997, for IBS
Two unsuccessful attempts to quit.
Started tapering 11/27/06
PAXIL FREE 12/29/07

Today is the best day, EVER!
LCrawford67 is offline   Reply With Quote