our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Methods of Wellbeing
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Methods of Wellbeing A discussion on how you're managing your state of health (herbs, vitamins, acupuncture, chiropractic etc.) NO LINKING TO COMMERCIAL SITES PLEASE. Paxilprogress does not investigate nor endorse any supplement program.

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 06-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
frankdee

does anybody else follow an alkaline diet?

I began my alkaline diet some 20 months ago after reading Charles Groenindijks Antidepressantfacts.com page. This has been the most beneficial thing along my path toward hopefull recovery. Although it can get boring, and I do cheat once in a while, it is ok since I eat mostly alkaline foods. Does anyone else follow this regimen that really helps with detoxification and anxiety, plus overall health?
frankdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #2
Songbird
Queen of the appendage vocabulary

Re: does anybody else follow an alkaline diet?

I don't know anything about it, can you tell us more? How does one follow an alkaline diet?
Jan 07-Feb 08 20mg > 5mg Apr 4.5mg 5mg Jun 10mg Jul 20mg Oct Loxamine Dec 17.5mg 15mg
Jan 12.5mg > Dec 6.3mg
2010 Aug 6.15mg Nov 6 mg
2011 Feb 5.9mg Apr 5.8mg May 5.7mg Jun 5.6mg Sep 5.5mg Nov 5.4mg Dec 5.3mg
2012 19 Feb 5.2mg 14 Oct 5.1mg 6 Dec 5mg
2013 25 Jan 4.9mg 4 Jul 4.8mg 29 Aug 4.7mg 8 Oct 4.6mg 24 Nov 4.5mg 15 Dec 4.4mg
2014 18 Jan 4.3mg
Songbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
scotty
Administrator

Wow..I haven't heard of this for years. They used to use this for those with acidic kidney stones...didn't do much for them, so they stopped doing it years ago.

Here's an interesting article on this:

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu...kalinediet.htm

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
MLK
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:51 PM   #4
Homerbcool
"Infatuated with kazoobies"

I saw a segment on akkaline vs acidic ..had to do with cancer not being able to grow in an akaline body...so it does make sense that this diet would have a lot of impact on ones well being...with the exception of the reward aspect...but like you mention cheat to please but stay focused on the main goal...interesting indeed...i can see wifey and I looking into this...thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorian View Post
I have read a bit about this and try to eat in such a way as to get plenty of alkaline things in my diet. The deal with this is that the PH of bodily fluids is important. Where some components of your body may try really hard to stay in a tight range, if for some reason it is to acidic or alkaline then there will be a problem. So for me the importance is to try overall give myself foods from both sides to hopefully have some chance at the sum total of them falling somewhere near the neutral range. And one thing with this is most alkaline foods tend to be green vegetables, so this forces people to consume fresh produce. When things die they slowly become more acidic as they decay.

And it was for this reason for a long time I drank distilled water under the false illusion that it had a neutral PH. Don't know why I never got around to testing it to verify claims that implied neutrality. When I reached the point where it was obvious that it was making me sick then I found out it has a PH of around 5. Shortly after I switched to water with a PH in the 7 to 8 range. There is so much acid in ones diet that you really seem to need to shoot for slightly alkaline water. That said I believe there is a thing as too alkaline.
You hit it on the head. The body likes homeostasis and it functions in a fine balance of ph(7.35-7.45). If the balance tips either way the body does not respond well. Acidosis and alkalosis, usually caused by outside factors like medications(diuretics) or disease processes(COPD, renal failure) can be fatal if left unchecked.
Now, this is not to say that a diet can make the change so severe that it would result in death, but balance is key, especially if there is an underlying undiagnosed medical condition.

Distillled water.....ick!

MLK
Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
Songbird
Queen of the appendage vocabulary

From what I've read, which isn't much, it is about the by-products of the food when our bodies have processed them. Foods like meat produce acid by-products. I've seen it mentioned here and there but never looked into it in more detail.
Jan 07-Feb 08 20mg > 5mg Apr 4.5mg 5mg Jun 10mg Jul 20mg Oct Loxamine Dec 17.5mg 15mg
Jan 12.5mg > Dec 6.3mg
2010 Aug 6.15mg Nov 6 mg
2011 Feb 5.9mg Apr 5.8mg May 5.7mg Jun 5.6mg Sep 5.5mg Nov 5.4mg Dec 5.3mg
2012 19 Feb 5.2mg 14 Oct 5.1mg 6 Dec 5mg
2013 25 Jan 4.9mg 4 Jul 4.8mg 29 Aug 4.7mg 8 Oct 4.6mg 24 Nov 4.5mg 15 Dec 4.4mg
2014 18 Jan 4.3mg
Songbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:56 PM   #8
scotty
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
From what I've read, which isn't much, it is about the by-products of the food when our bodies have processed them. Foods like meat produce acid by-products. I've seen it mentioned here and there but never looked into it in more detail.
That's pretty much it. I'd have to drag out the old nursing books to remember much more than that!

MLK
Old 06-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
frankdee

All I can say is after reading on the antidepressant facts.com page and the segment titled how to survive a negative reaction to an ssri and that one needed to consume alkaline foods, it was no joke, or myth. I treid to email charles groenindijk and ask what the basis of the diet was, and no response. I know that when I consume acidic foods my negative symptoms begin to reappear. Look into his site and story. Im 27 months into this and today I feel as though i may never recover. 27 drug free months. I want to die regardless, when will i be able to eat normally without feeling drained, and ****ty. please kill me today.
frankdee is offline   Reply With Quote