our logo
Freedom is in you...
You are enough. You are your solution.  
Go Back   paxilprogress > Paxil > Action / Protests / Legal
User Name
Password
Register Moderation Guidelines Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Action / Protests / Legal Has your experience with Paxil motivated outward change? Discuss in here!

Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting    FDA Warnings    Published Withdrawal Studies    Pregnancy Warnings    Forum Psychology

Old 08-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
wdtony

Dumb Question, I know...

This may seem ridiculous but I was wondering if anyone has ever contacted the pharmaceutical company after being damaged by a medication they produce and suffered extreme hardship? Has anyone requested medical help or financial assistance from the pharmaceutical company directly?

If I manufactured a product that helped many but harmed a rare few (according to pharmaceutical company reports) I would set aside a monetary assistance program for those who were harmed. But I have a conscience, ethics, empathy and am not a huge profit seeking corporation.

I know that getting a lawyer and suing is the first thing everyone thinks to do.

So....I was wondering, since they (Pharma) know that some of us will be damaged severely by their "medication" possibly there is some financial compensation set aside to help those who are harmed in these "rare occurences".

Or is this money set aside only for legal losses?

I plan to call the producer of Lexapro on Monday about this so any ideas are welcome.
wdtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
NoRx4me

Re: Dumb Question, I know...

Pharma companies have fought tooth and nail in lawsuits against everything brought against them. I've seen court motions from 2010 in cases that are still ongoing from parents of kids who committed suicide before the warnings were put on the labels in 2004 (6+ years, fighting parents of a young teen that took their own life because of the drug).

They will not admit their product caused you any harm. If you took Lexapro, you are obviously mentally ill and that is not their problem.

Sorry to say this to you. It was hard to come to terms with the fact that no one was going to pay for what was done to me.

I would love to know what they say when you call them. They probably have a script ready for such calls.

If you look up Forest Labs and lawsuits, you'll get a better idea of how they operate and how they don't care about hurting people.

Last edited by NoRx4me : 08-14-2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Added info
NoRx4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
wdtony

Re: Dumb Question, I know...

Yeah I am aware that it is a silly supposition that anything positive might come from calling and requesting assistance.

One reason I am calling them directly is to let them hear it from a normal person and not a lawyer. You never know who might pick up that phone.

Don't be sorry, I understand the pharma company's legal position, albeit a fallacy of misdirection and untestability.

I don't expect anything good to come of the call but I will post what happens regardless.
wdtony is offline   Reply With Quote